Note: Some of the services are batched (only performed when there are multiple requests); tree trimming, light bulb installation. Some the the work is periodic; painting and siding is only once every eight years.
What maintenance does the Association provide to owners?
The Association provides eight (8) specific exterior maintenance services to each homeowner.
- Landscaping - routine mowing and trimming of the front yard grass and shrubs and leaf removal - this does not include installation or removal of sod, shrubs, or trees, or the removal of trees felled by storm;
- Landscaping - routine maintenance of the irrigation in the front yards of each living unit – all homes shall have full coverage of the planted areas located outside of the fenced-in yard;
- Landscaping - periodic pruning of the trees located outside of the fenced-in yard but not to include installation or removal;
- Painting - periodic painting, siding and trim repairs to the front and rear of each living unit in accordance with the schedule outlined in the "Painting" tab on this page;
- Light bulbs - routine maintenance of the light bulb and electric eye associated with the pole lamp located in the front yard of each living unit;
- Water main - repairs to the water pipe located on the street side of the water meter (i.e., does not include the pipes between the home and the meter);
- Sewer main - repairs of the sewer pipe located on under the curb or the street (i.e., not the pipes between the home and the curb);
- Storm drains - repairs to the storm drains.
As well as any additional service approved by a vote of the owners, provided that the service will available to all owners on an ongoing basis for 5 years or more;
How is it ordered?
E-mail the board to request services. See the "Service Request" tab on this page.